Closing the Sale With Effective Lead Nurturing
Just because a lead isn’t ready to schedule an appointment right now doesn’t mean they won’t be ready in the future. Every prospect that has shown interest in your services has a need – and that need is unlikely to go away. It’s up to you to keep your practice name “top of mind” with your best prospects, so that when they are ready to schedule a consultation, they know who to call.
Many aesthetic practices do not utilize email marketing, and those that do tend to use a shotgun approach, sending out a newsletter or e-blast to their entire database. This is not effective lead nurturing. To hold the interest of prospective patients, your email campaigns must be relevant and targeted to the prospect’s specific needs and interests.
Improve Conversion Rates with Targeted Marketing
Lead management software programs like MyMedLeads allow you to create segmented campaigns that focus on a prospect’s specific treatment or procedure of interest. These automated campaigns can include a series of emails, text messages, and call reminders that can be set up to deploy automatically over a predetermined time sequence.
For example, your practice may have individual campaign series for the following services:
- Breast Surgery
- Body Contouring
- Facial Rejuvenation
- Nonsurgical treatments
Say a prospect has expressed interest in having rhinoplasty surgery. However, their schedule over the next month is too busy to commit to surgery, so they’re just looking to get some general information at the moment. While you’re focusing on providing excellent care to your current patients, MyMedLeads is continuing to nurture and engage that prospect with content that is hyper-targeted to their needs and aesthetic goals.
For instance, a procedure-specific campaign for rhinoplasty could look something like this:
- Email #1 – An introduction to your practice showcasing your surgeon’s experience with rhinoplasty surgery.
- Email #2 – Display “social proof” by including testimonials and before and after photos from your previous rhinoplasty patients.
- Email #3 – Provide a list of Frequently Asked Questions about rhinoplasty along with your expert answers.
- Email #4 – Overcome objections. Based on countless consultations, your practice will have a good idea of the most common barriers potential patients encounter when they’re on the fence about rhinoplasty. Be proactive in helping them overcome these doubts. Include information on financing for patients that are concerned about cost, or talk about how your technique minimizes downtime for those concerned about recovery time.
- Email #5 – Offer a special discount. If after multiple attempts, the lead still hasn’t scheduled an appointment, extend an exclusive, limited time offer on rhinoplasty, such as 10% Off Surgeon’s Fees.
Nurturing and engaging leads that have yet to convert is essential to growing your practice over the long-term. Staying in touch with leads via email, text or follow-up calls keeps you fresh in their minds so that when they are ready to schedule, they know who to call.
Why You Should Segment Your Audience
Taking the time to actually create targeted content for different interests amongst your clientele creates the sense that you actually pay attention to the needs of your patients. It also gives a latent impression that your practice is specialized in this procedure and has particular expertise in your area of concern.
Consider a 45-year-old male who’s recently become concerned with the signs of facial aging. He’s in a highly competitive market where appearances matter. He reaches out to your aesthetic practice with these concerns, however, due to circumstances or apprehension he never schedules a consultation. Blasting him with your special offer on Breast Augmentation or announcing your new feminine rejuvenation device is a quick way to get him to hit the unsubscribe button.
A quick way to get him into your office is by creating a single series of messages tailored for men with facial aging concerns. This campaign could offer recommendations for men who are looking to get an extra edge with subtle facial enhancement and rejuvenation. Each email could address a common concern with suggested treatment. For example:
- Botox for deep scowl lines
- Kybella for double chin
- laser treatments for broken blood vessels, rosacea, age spots, etc…
- Restylane or Belotero Balance for undereye bags
- Fillers for loss of volume in the mid-face
- Blepharoplasty for hooded, hanging upper eyelids
- Radiofrequency for sagging jawline or “turkey neck”
One or more of these treatments is bound to address his concerns, reminding him why he contacted your office in the first place. The best part is, you only have to create this series of messages once. With systems like MyMedLeads, leads automatically get added to the campaign as they come in based on their specified interests. This is a true case of “set it and forget it” marketing, that happens to be EXTREMELY effective.
Add Marketing Automation to Your Practice
Interested in implementing marketing automation and audience segmentation into your lead nurturing strategy? Contact MyMedLeads at 844-446-9633 to demo our automated marketing campaign tools and more!
Stay tuned for the next post in our Sales Funnel Series – Consultation.