With more and more individuals joining the beauty bandwagon of rejuvenating their appearance, plastic surgery has become a rapidly growing sector of healthcare. As a lucrative business, aesthetic medicine is quickly becoming a fiercely competitive industry. Seeking out new ways to enhance your practice and engage more patients has never been more important.
Those ahead of the curve are already privy to the newest strategy for getting in front of potential patients and staying in touch with current clients.
If you have not already begun implementing text messaging into your plastic surgery practice, then you are missing out on a highly effective medium to grow your business. There’s no doubt that many of your local competitors have already started using this communication channel to acquire new patients (that very well could have been yours). There’s a good reason why SMS marketing is so in vogue right now, and likely here to stay for the long haul.
- 75% of consumers are OK with receiving SMS messages from brands (after they’ve opted in).
- SMS messages have a whopping 98% open rate.
- Consumers who get SMS marketing messages are 40% more likely to convert than those who don’t.
- Text messages have a 209% higher response rate than phone, email, or Facebook.
- 90% of SMS messages are read within 3 minutes.
- SMS open rates are nearly 5 times that of email.
- Consumers redeem SMS-delivered coupons 10 times more than other types of coupons and 50% of US consumers make direct purchases after they’re sent an SMS branded text, a discount coupon, or a QR code.
- Only 10% of SMS marketing messages are spam, compared to nearly 50% of emails.
- The average person takes 90 seconds to reply to an SMS message — but 90 minutes to respond to an email.
- SMS marketing campaigns perform 7 times better than email marketing campaigns.
- 6 in every 10 consumers tend to have a positive impression of companies that contact them via text messages.
(stats courtesy of techjury.net)
Are You Missing Out On The Benefits of Text Marketing?
SMS marketing is a cost-efficient form of communication. These messages have a wider reach and boast higher open and response rates than many other conventional marketing channels, including email. Still, many plastic surgery practices are not taking advantage of this high performance medium.
When it comes to reaching potential and current patients, you simply can’t get more real-time than texting. People essentially have their phones on them all the time, are constantly checking them, and consistently read their text messages. What’s more, text messaging carries a sense of immediacy, with people often responding in the moment.
So, if you have yet to add SMS messaging to your marketing strategy, we have to ask – why not?
Many practices simply aren’t sure how to get started or don’t have the proper tools to implement SMS into their marketing campaigns.
Make SMS Marketing a Simple, Automated Process
If you are already a MyMedLeads client, then the good news is you already have easy SMS marketing available to you! Our automated marketing workflows allow you to create text messages that can be added to your lead nurturing, post-consult, recall, etc.. campaigns. These text messages will automatically send to the right individuals based on the specific timeframe you choose.
MyMedLeads recently added two-way texting capabilities to our software. Staff can now communicate with leads in real-time and all SMS communications are recorded in the lead’s history section for quick reference later.
SMS Templates Coming to MyMedLeads
We’re excited to announce yet another enhancement to our text messaging capabilities. Next week, we will be releasing a new feature that allows users to create and save SMS templates. Staff will now be able to send the same text message to multiple leads again and again without the need to manually re-type the content each time.
See What MyMedLeads Can Do for Your Practice
Interested in seeing what MyMedLeads can do for your plastic surgery practice? Request a demo online or call 844-446-9633 to learn more about how MyMedLeads can help you drastically improve your lead-to-consult conversion rates!